Technical Support Specialist II – Quality Assurance
This role is fully remote in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, South Carolina, Texas, or Washington.
About Us: We are a Seattle-based company with a strong commitment to open-source and DIY innovation. With over 20 years of experience, we are a stable and profitable organization known for our customer-centric approach and agile development practices. We are currently seeking a highly skilled Technical Support Specialist II – Quality Assurance to join our team. If you're passionate about delivering high-quality products, solving complex challenges, and thrive in a collaborative and innovative environment, we want to hear from you.
Key Responsibilities: As a Technical Support Specialist II – Quality Assurance, you will:
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to test new features and enhancements to existing products.
- Investigate, validate, and escalate root causes of urgent production issues using a variety of tools and dashboards.
- Work closely with customer support, business stakeholders, and internal product teams to ensure product quality.
- Execute creative, holistic, and exploratory production testing to identify and address potential issues before they impact our customers.
- Be available for occasional on-call shifts outside of core hours.
- Contribute to existing documentation and provide input on process improvements.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate quality testing activities.
- Design, develop, and execute automation scripts using open-source tools.
- Identify, record, document, and track bugs, and perform thorough regression testing when issues are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for both new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including developers and product managers, to identify system requirements.
Qualifications: To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- Solid understanding of Agile practices and terminologies in software testing.
- Proven ability to solve problems quickly and sustainably.
- Hands-on experience with both white-box and black-box testing.
- Familiarity with automated testing tools.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Proficiency using browser developer tools
- Familiar with Git and version control software like GitHub or Bitbucket.
Bonus Points if you are familiar with:
- HTML, Java, or Typescript.
- MySQL, MariaDB, or other relational databases.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing.
- Debugging software (e.g., Charles).
Desired Personality Traits: We are looking for candidates with the following personality traits:
- Self-driven with an obsession for customer experience and code craftsmanship.
- Collaborative spirit.
- A continuous learning mindset, eager to learn new things and share knowledge with others.
- Strong bias for action and commitment to follow through on commitments.
- Team-oriented mindset, understanding that software development is a team effort.
- Ability to handle ambiguous tasks and pivot as needed.
- Approach work with humility and embrace opportunities to learn from mistakes.
- Quick learner who can adapt to different technologies and processes.
Benefits/Perks: We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Employer-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- Life & Disability Insurance Coverage.
- Health Care FSA.
- Day Care FSA.
- 401(k) with a 50% contribution match (no limit).
- Generous Vacation and PTO plan.
- Paid Holidays.
- Semi-Annual Profit Sharing.
- Gym/Wellness Reimbursement.
- $175 transportation reimbursement ($100 of this may be used for home internet for remote and hybrid employees).
If you are passionate about quality assurance, thrive in a collaborative and innovative environment, and meet the qualifications and personality traits we are looking for, we encourage you to apply and join our team in solving exciting challenges and delivering high-quality products.
A reasonable, good-faith estimate of the minimum and maximum base salary for this position is $80,000 - $100,000 nationwide. This position will also include a profit sharing that is dependent on a variety of factors.
Accretive Technology Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- Unfortunately, we do not provide visa sponsorship, visa transfer, or corp-corp arrangements.
- Agencies - NO unsolicited submissions will be accepted and if any Agency does submit an unsolicited candidate that Agency shall have no recourse from Accretive Technology Group.